You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, February 18th 2013, 4:50pm

It doesn't look like the rain sensor is attached. I can't find a rain sensor at all along the house. I tracked the one wire I referred to earlier that stems off the main wire and it's not connected to anything. It looks like the end was ripped off and it just got buried.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, February 18th 2013, 8:42pm

Checking the system wiring for resistance, from the controller, will show infinite resistance on each zone, if there's a broken rain detector wire out in the field. The simple remedy in the case of the rain-detector wire being broken is to connect the two conductors to each other.

But we'd feel better if you went about this more methodically using a multimeter.

twill19899

Unregistered

Tuesday, February 19th 2013, 1:43pm

Twisting the ends of the unconnected wire solved the problem :)

Rate this thread