You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

green_monster15

Starting Member

Wednesday, July 25th 2012, 5:05pm

Leak in 150 PGA-B valve...not sure what to do

I have a 150 PGA-B valve and it is leaking between the body and lid (see picture), very close to the solenoid. At first it was leaking on one side, so I opened the valve up, made sure it was clean and reassembled. After reassembly, it was leaking on the other side of the solenoid but still between the body and lid. Its a small trickle.

When I turn the solenoid on manually, the leak stops. When I turn it back off, the leak starts to trickle again. Everything else works fine. Solenoid is opening both manually and with the controller.

I AM IN MY FIRST MONTH OF LEARNING THIS BUSINESS.
What do I need to do to fix this and why is it likely happening?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "green_monster15" (Jul 25th 2012, 6:44pm)

grahamweg

Unregistered

Tuesday, May 12th 2015, 1:24pm

150 pga leak

I had the same problem. The screws are self threading and when screwed to the base of the valve the screw creates a small ridge around the screw hole. I took a sharp exacto knife and trimmed off the small ridges around the holes being careful not to scar the base that would create another leak. I made sure the base and top were clean and place a light film of vasoline on the top and bottom surfaces replaced the top, snugged the screws down then activated the valve to get water flow and snugged the screws down again making sure not to over tighten.

brad@net-net.com

Unregistered

Friday, May 22nd 2015, 6:18pm

Rainbird “150 PGA B” leaking at flow knob

Rainbird “150 PGA B” leaks around the outside diameter of the white plastic center knob (remove handle to see white centerpiece, used to adjust flow volume). It is a new valve (1 yr.) and I know they have 3yr warrantee. Can I just bring in the flow-control portion and diaphragm, without entire valve? Or, is there any other way to keep water from flowing out here?

I cant upload photo of it here, because this site requires my photo to be on a website with a URL, with no option to upload. Strange.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, May 22nd 2015, 7:04pm

warranty coverage details come from where you bought the valve

tinypic.com is a site to bookmark for posting images on forums - in exchange for free image hosting with no requirement to register, they might throw an ad at you, but fair exchange, and they give you a box to click on that has all the info for you to copy and paste into a forum post

brad@net-net.com

Unregistered

Friday, May 22nd 2015, 7:31pm

[img]http://s12.photobucket.com/user/brad_bishop2/media/IMG_8463_zpssku40qdm.jpg.html?filters[user]=143222400&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0[/img]

brad@net-net.com

Unregistered

Friday, May 22nd 2015, 7:34pm

Photo showing leak area around white stem

[img]http://s12.photobucket.com/user/brad_bishop2/media/IMG_8463_zpssku40qdm.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0[/img]