You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

ReddHead

Advanced Member

Monday, August 15th 2011, 4:38pm

I did my tiny .17 acres with 7 zones (7500 sq ft including house, driveway, etc). Granted, two of those zones are just for a couple of small sidewalk strips.

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Monday, August 15th 2011, 7:25pm

not to beat a dead horse or something like that. How's that FREE design working out.

One of the common mistakes that home owners make when giving rainbird the information to use to make the design is that they tell Rainbird that they have a 3/4" mainline. The mainline is what the designer says it is. If you tell Rainbird that your mainline is 3/4 inch, you have just shot your self in the foot. A normal residential mainline in Houston is 1". This will allow more gallons per minute and flow than if you tell rainbird that you have a 3/4 inch mainline. I hope this is somewhat helpfull.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

grey

Advanced Member

Monday, August 15th 2011, 8:51pm

One of the common mistakes that home owners make when giving rainbird the information to use to make the design is that they tell Rainbird that they have a 3/4" mainline.

Why would I tell that my supply line 1" when it is REALLY 3/4"? It won't make things any better ?(

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Monday, August 15th 2011, 9:15pm

Upsizing the piping reduces friction loss . 1" is the industry standard

However you can never get more psi and water volume then what your water meter has the ability to supply

It just gives you a better ability to work with what you have

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Tuesday, August 16th 2011, 10:44pm

Thank You Very Much!!

I concur with Mitchgo!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

grey

Advanced Member

Tuesday, August 16th 2011, 11:25pm

However you can never get more psi and water volume then what your water meter has the ability to supply

;)

ReddHead

Advanced Member

Wednesday, August 17th 2011, 7:22am

One of the common mistakes that home owners make when giving rainbird the information to use to make the design is that they tell Rainbird that they have a 3/4" mainline.

Why would I tell that my supply line 1" when it is REALLY 3/4"? It won't make things any better ?(
Were they asking for the main line size going into your house to the meter, or what size pipe you plan on using for your sprinkler system main line? Two different things that will each play a role in how much flow/pressure you can maintain for your zones.

grey

Advanced Member

Wednesday, August 17th 2011, 11:47am

Are you asking me?

ReddHead

Advanced Member

Wednesday, August 17th 2011, 1:38pm

Are you asking me?
Yes

grey

Advanced Member

Wednesday, August 17th 2011, 6:03pm

Well, I did all designing by myself using irrigationtutorials.com I have 3/4" meter and supply line but went with 1 1/4" poly for mainline and 1" for laterals.

Rate this thread