You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, July 12th 2011, 3:31pm

Yep, went to the city engineering dept. and dashed all hopes of this "One-Zone" sprinkler system. Separate meter plus impact fee plus tap fee would have set me back $1500... all before even laying one irrigation pipe.

I am now into my second reading of the irrigation tutorial and understanding more and more with every reading. And, after ya'lls superb comments, I have decided to go with a standard system plugged into the house supply before it gets to the house's PRV. The city says I have about 120 psi at and after the 5/8" meter and cautioned me not to exceed 12gpm (this forum answered my questions as to "why not" so I will also design around that flow).

So, after a $20 permit I will have a plumber tee off the main line to the house, install the city's required RPV back flow and a hose bib (bib for an accurate measure of flow and pressure avaliable for irrigation). My next question is: Should I have the plumber install a pressure reducer before or after the hose bib? In the attached sketch I have the PRV after the hose bib. WWWBD? .....What would Wet Boots do?
Frankiebee has attached the following file:
  • POC sm.JPG (19.11 kB - 6 times downloaded - Last download: Jul 15th 2011, 3:49pm)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, July 12th 2011, 4:38pm

You could install a Wilkins BR4 pressure reducer UPSTREAM of the RPZ, and gain a benefit that way.

Rate this thread