You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.


Starting Member


Sunday, June 12th 2011, 5:17pm

mysterious component below ground

Hi, I am a newbie at irrigation repair. Today while fixing a broken PVC line that was placed too close to a flower bed, I noticed near the break point a plastic device that I cannot identify. This device is in the PVC supply line to one of my zones. It is about 2" in diameter and is about 6" long. The interesting thing is that this device allows the PVC pipe connected to its upstream end to rotate 360 degrees and to move in and out. Other than that, it has no other distinguishing features or obvious uses. Is this some kind of an expansion joint? (see attached photo)
kodak has attached the following file:


Supreme Member

Posts: 493

Location: Seattle


Sunday, June 12th 2011, 6:15pm

It's called a Slip Fix . .

Utilize it's play to repair your break

Rate this thread