You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.


Starting Member


Monday, April 11th 2011, 11:01pm

HELP, does anyone know what part this is?

We are trying to fix this ourselves. We had some weird weather and the pipes froze (unusual for our area). Does anyone know what part this is?

We replaced one brass on/off valve but now we found another crack/leak in the big whatever-it-is. Is this fairly easy to replace? Is there an online store or ebay that sells this part?

Any help will be appreciated....thanks in advance!


This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Stu" (Apr 11th 2011, 11:21pm)


Supreme Member

Posts: 493

Location: Seattle


Monday, April 11th 2011, 11:27pm

The big middle part is basically the entire thing . Gotta replace it, That's a 1" Wilkins Zurn 975 XL Reduced Pressure Back Flow Assembly


Supreme Member

Posts: 5,292

Location: Metro NYC


Tuesday, April 12th 2011, 12:10pm

And when you buy the replacement, it comes with a set of operating instructions, so you can follow them and not have it filled with water next winter. :D

Rate this thread