You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.




Sunday, April 10th 2011, 7:15pm

Leaking/broken pipes

Just bought a new house and the sprinkler system is pretty defunct. There are three pumps on the side of the house that turn the different zones on. There is only one that works. The only part of the yard that has any grass. A lot of the heads were broken so we dug them up and put new ones on. Now we have a new problem. A small part of our walk way is filling up with water. There seems to be a broken pipe under there. It's not a detrimental line that allows water to flow to any of the other working sprinkler heads, but it is causing them to lose a considerable amount of pressure. I can't see where the pipe is coming from because the damage is under the cement walk way. I started digging on either side to see if there was a pipe that I could simply cap off. I found one on the left side that was capped off. The pipe runs horizontal. I dug a little under the walk way and the water is just gushing out from behind the pipe. I couldn't find where the pipe ran on the other side though. The pumps are actually on the right side along the edge of the house there. Would they run pipe the length of the walk way? Vertically? I'm hoping to try to fix this myself and don't mind doing some digging. But I don't want to dig up the walk way! If I only knew where the pipes ran!


Supreme Member

Posts: 493

Location: Seattle


Monday, April 11th 2011, 1:20am

Your stamped concrete looks rather new.

My guess ( This happens ALL THE TIME) The cement guys broke the pipe, not knowing what to do with it they capped it.

How far under the walkway is the pipe broken? If you have enough room you can cap the other side and see how the zone works.. Or you can connect the pipe back up using a Slip Fix and a Coupler and see what you get

Rate this thread