You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

greenup

Thursday, September 23rd 2010, 6:41pm

reduced output from heads

My 10 year old irrigation system has lower pressure coming from the heads than is coming into the backflow (Febco 825Y) from the main water line. Are there adjustments that can be made to the 825Y to increase the pressure coming out of the heads?

Thanks,

greenup

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, September 24th 2010, 9:36am

If you are taking pressure readings, please tell us what they are. The 825Y will subtract at least 10 psi, by way of its design.

greenup

Friday, September 24th 2010, 11:07am

reduced output from heads

Actually, the pressure from the 825Y is fine. I neglected to mention my neighbor helped me put a boiler shut off (spigot) in the copper pipe leaving the 825Y before going underground to the irrigation system and the pressure is good. The low pressure I'm assuming is due to a kinked line or a blockage somewhere.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, September 25th 2010, 7:36am

Sounds like your issues don't connect to the 825Y - if the 825Y is also 10 years old, it should be paid attention to, if it isn't already receiving annual testing.

greenup

Monday, September 27th 2010, 7:10pm

That's right, the pressure leaving the 825Y is fine. Seems there's something below ground preventing the full pressure from getting to the heads. In general, is it a good idea to insulate the 825Y or plumb it so it can be removed in the winter and re-attached in the spring?

mrfixit

Monday, September 27th 2010, 7:30pm

Is there more than one valve with low pressure? If not I'd look at the valve itself or a broken pipe.