You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sonny In Philly



Wednesday, June 23rd 2010, 8:30am

Controller Conversion

Our development presently has Hunter SVC 100 controllers in some of our common areas. In others we have Signature (Nelson) Controllers. We prefer the Signatures and would like to convert the Hunters to Signatures. Is this possible, and if so, what Signature product is comparable to the Hunter SVC 100?


Supreme Member


Wednesday, June 23rd 2010, 11:42am


Today, irrigation control valves are all pretty much controlled the same way... the controller just needs to supply (about) 28v AC to the control valve.

To know FOR SURE, what you would need to do is deterime what irrigation valves you are using, get their (electrical) specifications and compare them to the (electrical) specifications of what the desired controller can generate.

As for the controllers... if you like the "Signature (Nelson) Controllers" you have (in some areas), then why are you asking what Nelson controller is comparable to the Hunter SVC 100 if you dislike the SVC 100 so much that you want to replace them. Shouldn't you instead be asking what Nelson has that is most like the other controllers (assuming you can't get the exact model number of the Nelson's you already have).


Supreme Member

Posts: 5,288

Location: Metro NYC


Thursday, June 24th 2010, 7:44am

Why you would replace a working Hunter, product, I don't know, but there is a Signature product by the name of Solorain that does the same thing, and also requires you to purchase a separate adapter to fit onto a Hunter valve.

Rate this thread