You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

vio0633

Unregistered

Thursday, December 24th 2009, 6:36pm

Help Identifying New System?

Can anyone please tell me what kind of valves these are? I just bought a home and we found this in the inspection process. Only issue was the seller has no idea of what kind or operation of the irrigation system currently installed on it. Im new to irrigation so any help is appreciated. Thanks!!

http://www.mediafire.com/?xinymjjwlqd

vio0633

Unregistered

Thursday, December 24th 2009, 7:30pm

After doing some research I came up to this image...

http://www.watertips.com/images/Watts007QT.jpg

The first picture seems to be a double check valve system. Im guessing this is where the main line to the water system is headed into and it charges from here.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, December 27th 2009, 9:55am

How about you supply your location, and while you are at it, get a better image host.

mrfixit

vio0633

Unregistered

Thursday, December 31st 2009, 4:03am

How about you supply your location, and while you are at it, get a better image host.
Sure...im in the WA area. I will host it on something better. Sorry...I just uploaded the pictures I had onto it to mediafire.

vio0633

Unregistered

Thursday, December 31st 2009, 4:11am

Thank you for the help! I will do some research and see how good these valves are. Have you ran these or heard of any issues with them?

mrfixit

Thursday, December 31st 2009, 12:08pm

I don't see that valve installed much in the area where I live. This particular valve is supposed to be a good valve. Last time I checked which was many years ago it had a lifetime warranty. With that said I have had to replace about 4 of them due to the seat cracking. 3 of those valves were at the same house. Would I install it? NO. Why? Because of the seat cracking.

A good reliable valve at a decent price is the Irritrol 205 or 2500. I've seen hundreds of these valves installed. Never have I seen a seat crack. Only issue with the 205 is the bonnet screws. Tighten them just a tad, 1/4 turn before installing or they may leak years down the road.

vio0633

Unregistered

Friday, January 1st 2010, 11:39pm

I don't see that valve installed much in the area where I live. This particular valve is supposed to be a good valve. Last time I checked which was many years ago it had a lifetime warranty. With that said I have had to replace about 4 of them due to the seat cracking. 3 of those valves were at the same house. Would I install it? NO. Why? Because of the seat cracking.

A good reliable valve at a decent price is the Irritrol 205 or 2500. I've seen hundreds of these valves installed. Never have I seen a seat crack. Only issue with the 205 is the bonnet screws. Tighten them just a tad, 1/4 turn before installing or they may leak years down the road.
Ok sounds good! I found this system installed in my home when I went through the inspection process of my home buying experience. Im probably going to wait until it warms up a bit before I turn it on. Question...most of the wiring from these valves go back to the controller but I dont see any wires attached to it. Could the wires be run from behind the box inside the wall maybe? That black cord in the pictures I think is for the power. I would take it apart but cant do anything until I finish closing on the house.

vio0633

Unregistered

Friday, January 1st 2010, 11:42pm

One last question...to turn the system on and supply water to it I would need to go up to that main Double check valve and turn those blue handles on to supply the main water to the system right? Sorry for all the questions....real new to irrigation.

mrfixit

Saturday, January 2nd 2010, 7:35pm

The wires are definetly hooked up to the controller. Unscrew those two screws at the bottom. Take that piece off then take the bottom door off. The part that says RainBird ESP. You'll see the wires connected there. When you put that door back on make sure the slider switch is in the same position. All the way to the right.

What I don't see are the transformer wires. There isn't a display either. It looks like they've disconnected it. As far as the wires going behind the controller, that's a mystery. Could be another controller somewhere or? You'll have to look and see. Once that door's off you'll know more.

Yes the water's turned off at the ball valves. Turn them on slowly.

Good luck!

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "mrfixit" (Jan 2nd 2010, 7:53pm)

Rate this thread