You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

wiredupdr

Friday, August 21st 2009, 7:47pm

drip problem

...I am thinking I have a volume problem here but wanted to double-check then determine the recommendation.

I am running 1/2 PVC to 4-port 1/4" DRIP emitter at 20GPH with 1/4" adj micro sprinklers at 2GPH. The micro sprinklers connected to a single line work just fine; however, those lines with more than one have very poor performance.

I need to be able to run several micro sprinklers per drip line. Any recommendations?

Thank you in advance

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, August 23rd 2009, 6:54am

You do not employ 1/4" emitter tubing as a distribution line, and the situation you describe illustrates why.

wiredupdr

Sunday, August 23rd 2009, 8:18am

You do not employ 1/4" emitter tubing as a distribution line, and the situation you describe illustrates why.

Thank you for your reply.

I figured as much; I see this product can convert my 1/2 threaded to a 1/2 distribution line.

How do I attach the 1/2 distribution line? Is there a barb at the end?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, August 24th 2009, 12:55pm

1/2-inch distribution line, without any built-in emitters, is uncommon apart from what pros use for more complex drip work. You might do better with individual long runs of the smaller tubing to a 'hub' of emitters.

Rate this thread