You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Muscat

Starting Member

Saturday, May 4th 2019, 7:46am

Designing my own System

Hello

I am designing my own system and have a few questions.

City Water
Water pressure is 65 ppm
Design Pressure 55 PPM
Design 11GPM I have a 1in PEX main line and was told to only do the GPM for that rated pipe.

I plan on using PR5000 with PRS rotors and want to put 5 or 6 on one valve. Will be using the 1.5 or 2.0 head at 28ft.
Will this work?

How many sprays can you have on one valve?
I was hoping to have 8 in a long irregular shaped section of my yard. I will be purchasing VAS and HVAS rainbird sprayers, ranging from 4 ft to 10 ft spray range heads.

I plan on having 4 drip irrigation zones. I was thinking of installing a filter on the main line in the house close to the Water Meter. I would rather clean one filter then 4 and the valve box will be over crowded if i have one for each valves
Is this Ok?

I will have two valve manifolds on either side of my house, that are feed from two separate exit points from the house. (I have a pool and can't get mainline around it). One side of the house will be drip irrigation and a small lawn.

In this section do i have to put 100DVF valves in a box or can i put the manifold on the wall?

Last Question.
How do you determine how many valves can go in a valve box?

I have replaced an irrigation system in my old house but I followed the previous design. This is my first time designing my own.

Thanks

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, May 4th 2019, 10:49am

Start by adding your location to your profile, since many answers are location-specific.

Rate this thread