You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

rossn

Sunday, April 21st 2019, 11:19pm

Irrigation Manifold Guidance Needed

Hello,
I could use a little guidance on irrigation manifolds. I am looking to have two jumbo boxes with 5 valves each. One box for lawn, the other box for drip.
I've been reading and it seems that Schedule 40 PVC is generally received as better than the pre-fab'd manifolds (Dura, Spears, etc).
Am I reading correctly that a slip fit manifold, with male threaded fittings for the valves and inlet (?) is ideal?

I'm looking to use the RainBird 1" 100-DVF valves.

What is the minimum spacing between the threaded nipples to allow removal of the valve body in the future?

How should I join the two manifolds (the boxes will be parallel)?

How should I account for future expansion?

I'm located in Denver.
Thanks!!
Rossn

mrfixit

Monday, April 22nd 2019, 2:29pm

The valves can be fairly close together. If one needs to be unscrewed, just take the bonnet off first. That will allow it to be unscrewed even if they're 1" apart. But the farther apart the better in case a tee needs replacing someday.

Just lay the valves out side by side above ground to see how they fit in the box. Make sure there's room on the end ones to unscrew the bonnet. I even build the manifold above ground in some cases. Depends.

rossn

Monday, April 22nd 2019, 11:02pm

Thanks for the insight. I'll do some trial/testing with the manifold.

Rate this thread