You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.


New Member


Sunday, June 22nd 2008, 7:31pm

Too much pressure

My sprinkler system has too much pressure. I've been told to install a "pressure reducer". Is that the same as a pressure regulator?

Thanks in advance.



Posts: 2,361

Location: USA


Sunday, June 22nd 2008, 10:53pm

Pressure reducer

Yes and no. Pressure regulators are sometimes called pressure reducers. If you want to regulate the pressure to your entire sprinkler system you would use a pressure regulator. If you want to reduce the pressure to an individual line such as for drip, then you would use a pressure reducer. My interpertation of a pressure reducer is a set amount of water pressure such as 30 lbs. A pressure regulator you can dial in the amount of pressure you want.
If I can't fix it, it's broken!

Rate this thread