You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Texish

Saturday, April 13th 2019, 10:22am

Trouble restarting Hunter Pro-C

I was trying to turn our sprinkler system back on and there appears to be no power to the unit. We had some workers today and they said that a fuse flipped. I did not have power to outlets in the garage and water softener was off. After resetting fuse in fuse box and resetting gfi outlets all is normal except for the Hunter Pro-C. I opened it up and all the wires are connected and no signs of burning or other damage. Do I need a new unit? Did the flipping the fuse send a surge to the unit and damage it? There is a button for manual restart but nothing happens.

mrfixit

Saturday, April 13th 2019, 5:37pm

1. Press the reset button on the back of the faceplate.
2. Is there power at the outlet where the controller is plugged into? Plug something else into it and see.
3. Is the transformer working? Look and see where the transformer wires are hooked up to the controller. Are they both hooked up? Test for power there? 24 volts. If you don't have a voltmeter you could use a solenoid and touch both wires, one to each terminal. Does the solenoid activate?
4. Is the ribbon on the back of the faceplate plugged in all the way?
5. If you replace the back up battery, is there a display? Look on the back of the faceplate for the batter compartment.
6. I'm not sure if this makes a difference but make sure the modules are locked into place.
---
Let us know what you find out.

Texish

Saturday, April 13th 2019, 6:35pm

Thanks

Outlets are hot. Reset did not work. Appears that transformer power cord is the problem. Will order one from Amazon and give it a try.

Rate this thread