You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

irols222

Unregistered

Friday, April 12th 2019, 7:16pm

Does a larger sprinkler increase pressure to sprinkler heads?

I want to increase water pressure to my sprinkler heads without digging up existing system. My main line feed is 1", the valves and irrigation lines are 3/4". If I increase the valve size to 1" will that provide more pressure? I am aware I could add a booster pump however electrical is not readily available for that. I inherited this system when we bought the house and don't want to redo the entire system correctly at this time, just trying to increase pressure. Thanks.

irols222

Unregistered

Friday, April 12th 2019, 9:14pm

Does a larger sprinkler VALVE increase pressure to sprinkler heads?

Sorry the subject of the post should read:

Does a larger sprinkler VALVE increase pressure to sprinkler heads?

mrfixit

Saturday, April 13th 2019, 1:08am

Nope, increasing the valve size wont increase the pressure. The pressure is the pressure. Even if you had 1" valves and 1" pipe to the sprinkler heads, the pressure would be the same. You might increase the flow/amount of water available to the heads.
Sometimes the demand on the available water supply is too big. By changing the nozzles to something with less demand, you can get them to spray farther.

Rate this thread