You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Frank S

Thursday, April 4th 2019, 7:55am

Protecting Heads From Damage

I'm having a shed delivered requiring a truck and trailer to drive over my lawn. There are a few sprinkler heads that will be at risk of damage. I'm looking for a quick easy way to temporarily protect a head that's going to be driven over. I'm thinking a 6"x6" piece of 2x lumber, beveled on the edges, with a relief hole for the sprinkler head. Maybe a couple of spikes through it to anchor it it place. Any better ideas?

mrfixit

Friday, April 5th 2019, 1:23am

I wasn't going to answer this question but I don't think your idea will work. What's to keep them from compressing the boards into the ground then breaking the sprinkler off?

Why not just flag them and tell the guys to be careful.

Or if you really want to be sure. You could dig them up and cap them off. It sounds like you have the drive to do it.

Maybe flag them, then cap off the ones in danger. Make a path for them.

Frank S

Friday, April 5th 2019, 8:06am

Thanks for the input.
It seems to me that the surface area of the board would prevent it from sinking deep enough to allow contact with the sprinkler head. I could go bigger with the piece of board if I had to. Seems to me they sell a concrete donut for this very purpose.
I plan of flagging the heads but I think a good bit of maneuvering will be required place the shed. I'd have to removed and cap several of them. Can't picture the shed installers tiptoeing around the yard with a truck and trailer either.

Rate this thread