You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

tpgoins

Unregistered

Sunday, December 30th 2018, 8:04pm

Toro electric to hydraulic converter

Has anyone had any experience with the Toro electric to hydraulic converter? I have an old hydraulic system and the controller went out. I am not sure which converter to get and I am not sure how to hook it up. I have 9 hydraulic tubes running to the current controller and there are 4 wires hooked to the timer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, January 3rd 2019, 9:05am

What make and model number of controller?

TPG

Unregistered

Monday, January 7th 2019, 4:26pm

Toro Custom 8 want to convert to Rainbird ESP-TM2

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, January 8th 2019, 2:41pm

Still waiting for the model number. I'm going to make a guess that it has "01" in it, and answer accordingly.

Sight unseen, you should be fine. The "four wires" part of the description might mean you have an electric master valve to go along with the hydraulic zone valves. If that master valve has a line-voltage solenoid, it would have to be replaced with a 24-volt solenoid.

The electric/hydraulic converter units can interface with any hydraulic zone valves. Their main purpose is to work with "normally-open" hydraulic valves, replacing Toro controllers that have a water supply connection.

Rate this thread