You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, September 27th 2018, 7:28am

Errr3 displays on my control panel

I spoke with once before about this problem. I have a Rain Bird System ESP-6TM, SN: 1129390. Rather to be safe than sorry and repeating the whole process again, I have replaced all the Solenoids and the Diagrams' as well, I rechecked all my wire connection and cleaned them off and inserted new water proof caps with the lubrication already inside the caps. Twisted everything tight and even used electrical tape to keep them all together at each connection. 1, and 2 zones work perfectly but zone 3 will not come on, I keep getting the Errr3 messages. Can you please help me.

I Thank you for your time and assistance in this matter of mine.

mrfixit

Thursday, September 27th 2018, 2:19pm

Switch the wires at the controller. 2 for 3 and see if the problem moves. See if the timer says err2 or if it still says err3.
I'm assuming it'll say err2 but if it doesn't, there's a problem with the timer. Maybe do a factory reset and see if that clears it up.

If it does say err2, then the wiring is bad. Like the casing is off of the wires and the common wire is touching the number 3 wire. Is there an unused wire you can hook up in place of wire 3?

Thursday, September 27th 2018, 8:45pm

Errr3

I don't have an extra wire free to hook up but, I will try to switch the wires around on the Solenoids. Thank You.

I will get back to you about what happens.

mrfixit

Friday, September 28th 2018, 2:23am

Switch the wires at the timer or you might be bypassing the problem.

Saturday, September 29th 2018, 9:30pm

Errr3

I've tried everything you said to do but, to no avail I still get the same Errr3 message on my display. What is your expert advice/opinion on solving this problem. Thank You. ?(

mrfixit

Saturday, September 29th 2018, 10:51pm

If you swapped the wires at the solenoids you're still going to get an err3. If you swapped them at the timer it should say err2. Err2 would mean the wiring's bad.
Try a factory reset and see if you still get the err3.. Try disconnecting the number 3 wire totally from the timer, still get an err?

Rate this thread