You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

darylmelville

Starting Member

Sunday, September 16th 2018, 10:02pm

Only zone 5 and 6 work.

I have 6 valves in my sprinkler system. The wire starts at number 6 then goes to 5 then 4 and then the rest which I have not figured out the order. 4 leaked internally requiring major digging and a new valve which functions manually as do all. One problem though.

This new sprinkler valve has no power. Not sure if I broke a wire digging it up. I did find a severed cable looking cut but then again at the place where the solenoid lead wires come out two cables with colored wires were nicely taped up and I can't see why there would be a third cable of wires. Although the wires seemed wet when I removed the tape. Tested the terminal ports at the timer. The voltage of any active port 1 through 6 is 30 volts. 0 for inactive functional zones like 5 and 6 and then 10 volts for inactive non functional zones as long as any zone is powered on at the timer. Now why would the solenoids that I can't get powered on have 10 volts when the timer isn't even putting out a signal to run them?

Rate this thread