You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

TapOut64

Unregistered

Saturday, September 15th 2018, 12:57pm

One station is pulsing, power to water pump is cycling

I have a Hunter SRC watering station set up to water 7 stations. All but station 4 are fine. I have good water flow from the sprinklers on station 4 however, you can hear them pulsing and my water pump contactor is pulling in and dropping out continuously. I wired two other stations to station 4 and they worked fine. I put the wire for station 4 on unused station 8 and it still pulsed with the contactor on my pump dropping in and out. I ohmed out two solenoids under my house, thinking that one of them goes to the station 4 sprinkler heads, and they both read around 45ohms. (may have read 55ohms dont' remember but they read the same) Not sure that these two solenoids are associated with my problem but they were going towards the back yard where my issue is. Didn't feel like crawling around under the house searching for other solenoids. Any ideas? Once again, all other stations work fine, water pump contactor pulls in and stays pulled in during the duration set, just the once station is having issue.

mrfixit

Saturday, September 15th 2018, 1:10pm

Check the ohms from the controller.
Are the wires color coordinated?

TapOut64

Unregistered

Sunday, September 16th 2018, 9:24am

Yes wires are color coded and I read 54ohms +/- 1 ohm on all 7 stations to the ground wire.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, September 16th 2018, 1:15pm

A mechanical failure in the valve, diaphragm assembly most likely, could prevent it from fully opening, resulting in what you describe.

TapOut64

Unregistered

Sunday, September 16th 2018, 1:48pm

Thanks for the input. Now to figure out which assembly is the one with the problem. I believe that all 7 are under my house. Nothing like crawling around on wet sand and plastic.

Rate this thread