You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, September 2nd 2018, 9:05pm

Solenoid Making Clicking noise

Hey guys, first time to be on this forum. I have two stations that are not coming on and noticed where the control valve boxes are there was a clicking noise. So I dug up the grass and took the covers off and noticed the solenoids were clicking when I had the station on. So I went to Lowe's and got some new valves and checked them after being replaced and the same thing happened. I manually turned on the water to make sure I had water coming to the valves and both worked. Just asking for some advice on how to diagnose this problem. Thanks

mrfixit

Sunday, September 2nd 2018, 9:09pm

The problem's with the controller/timer. It most likely needs replacing. I've seen the RainDial do this on a few occasions.

Sunday, September 2nd 2018, 9:34pm

Ok, thank you. We are moving into this house this next weekend and just want to get it fixed before we move in. The house is about 12 years old so guessing that's when the system was installed. Its a Hunter controller/timer mounted in the garage. Is this a very good chance that this should fix the problem?

Sunday, September 2nd 2018, 9:51pm

Which controller/timer would y'all suggest?

mrfixit

Sunday, September 2nd 2018, 10:44pm

How many zones do you have and is it indoor or outdoors? Do you think you'll ever expand in the future?

Sunday, September 2nd 2018, 10:58pm

We have 9 zones and no I don't see us ever expanding.

Sunday, September 2nd 2018, 10:58pm

Sorry it's indoor

mrfixit

Monday, September 3rd 2018, 1:49am

Well you picked the magic number.
Is your controller a Hunter Pro-C with expansion modules?
If it is, move the modules around and see if the problem moves with it. Maybe you can just buy a new module because the controller I'm going to recommend is a Hunter Pro-C expandable. Which you may already have and maybe we can fix it.
They used to make a 9 station but no, they're into making money instead.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mrfixit" (Sep 3rd 2018, 1:56am)

Monday, September 3rd 2018, 9:36am

Yes I just checked it and it is a Hunter Pro C and it looks like it has expandable modules

Monday, September 3rd 2018, 9:38am

Do you suggest moving the modules from one to another to see if the problem follows? I took a picture of the control panel and am going to see if there is somewhere I can upload a picture of it

Rate this thread