You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Becky

Unregistered

Thursday, August 23rd 2018, 5:25pm

No zones work with Orbit timer. All zones work when manually turning on at valve

I have an Orbit 6 station timer. None of the stations work, whether I set them up on timer or use the manual switch.

However, all stations work if I turn them on at the actual valve/solenoid.

The timer's display works and I can manipulate all the settings, but it doesn't seem to connect to the stations.

The troubleshooting manual says it could be a transformer that is defective or not connected.

Can I assume that if all stations turn on at the actual valve (apart from using the timer) that the solenoid is working?

I purchased a new timer, since my old one is 6 years old, but haven't installed it yet. Wanted to make sure it an issue with the timer and not the valves/solenoid.

Thank you.

mrfixit

Thursday, August 23rd 2018, 9:15pm

Is the outlet working that the timer's plugged in to? Plug something else into it and see.

It could be that the wires were cut in half or the common wire came loose. Do any digging lately? Or was the exterminator there pounding stuff into the ground? Have a fence put in?
You don't happen to have a volt meter do you?

Maybe the controller/timer needs to be reset.

Rate this thread