You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Scubasteve954

Starting Member

Saturday, August 11th 2018, 9:10am

2 wire system trouble shooting

At one of my commercial properties with 125 zones on a rain bird esp lxd nothing is coming on. Not one zone. Its still a new construction property but decoders next to the controller that have power in the two wire supply arent even coming on. I'm getting 580 mA and 220 mA on the line survey & current not ok. I have an armada pro93 tester I just bought. Every time i try to test the mA it goes up, beeps, and goes back to 0. Keeps repeating that at a fast pace. Can anyone help me out? I just took over this contract & I'm baffled and don't know what is going on. Thank you in advance

mrfixit

Saturday, August 11th 2018, 2:44pm

I've never had the pleasure of working on a 2 wire system. I hope I never do.
I'm assuming the water supply is turned on.
Maybe reset the controller by pressing the button on the back of the faceplate. Page 12
That wont erase the programming according to the manual.
What happens if you disconnect the wires from the controller? What kind of reading do you get. How many volts?
Does the controller have locking expansion modules where you have to manually lock them in place? Make sure it's locked.
Maybe the decoders aren't programmed. I really don't know. Boots might have something.

Rate this thread