You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, August 8th 2018, 8:46pm

Removeing Buckner Brass pop-up body

Hello,
I've got an old Buckner brass pop-up that is broken and I want to replace with a new plastic pop-up. Problem is I can't seem to get the brass body unthreaded. The internals of the pop-up are gone and this thing has been in the ground since 1966 when the house was built.

I've tried channel locks, vice grips, pipe wrench, PB blaster. The body has a single slot/keyway down the inside diameter.
Any tips or ideas?
Thanks for the help!

mrfixit

Wednesday, August 8th 2018, 10:58pm

I'd put a pipe wrench at the bottom of that sprinkler then I put a galvanized pipe over the pipe wrench for leverage. I have a couple of 2 1/2 footers for that purpose. I also have a 6 footer for breaking stuff. Like my pipe wrench. lol
I believe 2 of the pipes are pieces of old fence posts. One's threaded. They're just things I've found on job sites.

Sunday, August 12th 2018, 10:08pm

I dug a bigger hole to get more of the pipe wrench on the sprinkler body and used some extra elbow grease - and it came off without a problem. I guess I needed to not be so lazy...

Rate this thread