You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Goeser55

Saturday, August 4th 2018, 3:42pm

Rain Bird Controller ESP-6TM ‘A’ and ‘B’ Programs - General Question

I purchased a used home in 2016 and I have four zones. Recently we had a Silver Maple cut down, the stump grinder, and front lawn replaced. I was given instructions to water the new sod in zones 1 and 2 for 15-20 minutes, three times a day, but I also have two more zones for the backyard of which I have Rain Bird 5000’s rotor 4” pop-upsprinklers; two of which blew out their nozzles (I need to repair) and shoot powerful streams of water up and over my fences and into the neighbor’s backyard. My question is about the ‘A’ and ‘B’ programs on the ESP-6TM. I have zones 1 and 2 (front yards) set to water 20 minutes at 5 AM, 3 PM and at 6:30 PM on Program ‘A’, Monday through Sunday, and I have zones 3 and 4 in the backyard set to water for 15 minutes at 7:30 AM, Monday through Sunday. Are the two programs designed to switch automatically when there scheduled time(s) start?

I stayed up this morning and the zones 1 and 2 did start. I set my alarm for 7:28 AM to check on the backyard zones, which I have a view from my bedroom, and noticed the watering did not start. Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong or what did I do wrong, or do the ‘A’ and ‘B’ programs have to be manually switched? Controller is set to “Custom” and “Auto”.

I do not want to over-water my backyard or run the rotors in the backyard too long until I can repair them. I read the manual and it was not clear enough, or I did not understand the information about the two programs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mrfixit

Saturday, August 4th 2018, 4:59pm

Can you run the backyard valves manually from the controller?

Goeser55

Saturday, August 4th 2018, 8:11pm

Manual Operation

I can run every zone manually.

mrfixit

Sunday, August 5th 2018, 1:15am

I'd do a factory reset then reprogram. See what happens.

Stephen1966

Unregistered

Monday, August 6th 2018, 8:47am

Try to check the programming, make sure you have start times, run times, and the days set, and perhaps the time it has. The controller will switch from program a and b without you having to do anything, but if it's not doing that, try to check if you happen to have a rain sensor, and if you do, disable it , it might be a defective sensor telling your controller to not run. If that doesn't work, it might be a defective unit, or it might be something else, I suggest talking to their technical support, they might be able to figure it out.