You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

cpatton13

Unregistered

Thursday, August 2nd 2018, 9:29pm

7 Manifold Wiring Question

Hey all,

I am wiring a 15 zone, 7 manifold system for my first sprinkler DIY project and I am wondering how best to wire this.

My first though is that I'll need to run 7 separate bundles of sprinkler wire, one from each manifold to the control box. Is there any way to avoid this? There are several obstacles in my yard-- 3 cement sidewalks, a patio, and a gas line. If it were possible to run 1 bundle of 7 wires to the most difficult 7 zones (3 separate manifolds) without significant downside that would be ideal.

For example-- could I run the same bundle of wires from manifold 1 to manifold 2, from manifold 2 to manifold 3, and then from manifold 3 to the controller box? Assuming I spliced the common wire and all previously used wires at each manifold location.

mrfixit

Thursday, August 2nd 2018, 9:38pm

You need 8 wires to run 7 valves. But yes you can splice away.
Keep in mind you'll have no spare wires in case you need one in the future.
Maybe run a 9 or 10 strand bundle.

Rate this thread