You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Soap

Starting Member

Monday, July 30th 2018, 8:21pm

Looking to upgrade setup. (NOOB)

Hello All,

I am looking to replace all of my heads with pressure regulated units to attempt to reduce water consumption and keep most of it on my slopping yard instead of down the street. This system was installed by the builder 9 years ago and I believe the pressure is too great as I get lots of hissing and fine mist when it runs. I also will need to take the opportunity to put a few extenders in as a few of the heads have trouble getting up over the blades of grass. I had been looking at something like the PROS-04-PRS30-CV for most of the front yard and getting the appropriate rotating heads to replace the units in the back yard. (not sure which ones just yet) I guess I am looking for opinions on if I am thinking about this change correctly and if I am missing anything? I assume that by reducing the pressure I will need to account for the change in coverage? I'm still researching and learning as I go here. I tried stopping into my local sprinkler warehouse today but to my surprise they didn't seem interested in talking to me at all. Maybe I misunderstood what that place was and it might be more tailored for people who already know exactly what they want or they want to pay for designs?