You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

kevin79

Wednesday, July 25th 2018, 6:31am

No zones work - previously did

My sprinkler system uses a well and pump. This morning when it was supposed to water, it ran fine for zones 1 and 2. When it came to zones 3-5, it didn't water. I'm not sure if the power adapter to my controller came loose enough that it didn't open the valves or what. Now when I run it (on any zone), it doesn't build up pressure, it gets to around 20PSI instead of the normal 40-45. Will it cause the pump to fail if it runs but no valves are open? Could it have fried the motor?

I also have a pressure meter on my well, before the pump. When I run the pump, it shows pressure like normal. When the pump is off, the pressure drops to almost nothing. Cuould this be the issue? Isn't the pressure supposed to stay when the pump it off?

Rate this thread