You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

tap

Tuesday, July 24th 2018, 4:50pm

Hunter Pro-HC1200 senses overcurrent on all zones.

I have a Hunter Pro-HC1200 Controller connected to three Toro EHC-01-04 modules(Electric-to-Hydraulic Converters). The Pro-HC1200 cancels any zone I try to run because it detects 1.3 amps. My meter reads 0.2 amps. The specs on the solenoids are .225 amps holding and 0.4 amps inrush. The controller has been working fine for 3 months and ran a complete cycle last night. I have to believe the controller overcurrent sensing circuit is bad. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

mrfixit

Wednesday, July 25th 2018, 2:46am

Try pushing the reset button. I've had a couple of strange things happen on Hunter controllers happen recently and the reset button cured it.

tap

Wednesday, July 25th 2018, 5:23am

This controller doesn't have a reset button. I powered it down for 1 minute. It had no affect.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, July 25th 2018, 7:45am

Pro-HC - Factory Reset

From the home screen please tap on Settings.
Next tap on Config.
Tap on Factory Default.
Finally, tap on Erase Config. Congratulations, you have now successfully factory reset your controller and is now ready for fresh configuration settings, manually or automatically by synchronising it with your Hydrawise account.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Wet_Boots" (Jul 25th 2018, 7:50am)

tap

Wednesday, July 25th 2018, 8:40am

Thanks wetboots for the info on how to do a factory reset. It had no affect on my problem. Because the overcurrent is on all zones I believe it has to be the overcurrent protection circuitry. I removed one of the zones and connected it directly to 25 volts. The current draw is .3 amp. That should not be a problem. I guess it is time to pursue the warranty replacement route.

tap

Wednesday, July 25th 2018, 4:22pm

I talked to Hunter technical support and they agreed that the unit is bad. I then talked to Sprinkler Warehouse technical support and I have sent the unit to them and they will send me a replacement. Thanks to those who responded to my issue.

Rate this thread