You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

CEOPalmSprings

Starting Member

Tuesday, July 24th 2018, 3:42pm

No power to one of my valves

I am not getting power to zone 2 of my sprinkler system but when I attach zone 6 ( valves are next to each other) then zone 2 works. I know I could just connect the two zones together but then the water pressure is cut way down because to many sprinkler are trying to run at one time. Zone 2 was working and now its not getting power. What should I do and how could that possibly happen?

mrfixit

Wednesday, July 25th 2018, 2:38am

It sounds like you have a broken wire or loose connection on zone 2. Remove the common wire from the controller then check the ohms on the zone 2 wire. One lead to the common, one to zone 2. You can run it across each zone and get an idea what the ohms should be.
If you get a reading of 1 or infinity then the wire's broke in half.

It could happen from many causes. Could be a tree root, a shovel, a varmint, a weed eater, corrosion, etc...

Is there a spare wire in the box you could use?

Rate this thread