You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Kjohn168

Thursday, July 12th 2018, 12:11pm

Can I add a six valve manifold to an existing three valve manifold?

Can I add a six valve manifold to an existing three valve manifold where two are in use and one is free? How would I wire that and what kind of controller will I need? ?(

RichMoney

Thursday, July 12th 2018, 4:16pm

You can add as many valves as you would like, you just need a controller with the amount of zones you require. If you are looking for a specific controller, you can try this one. Hunter makes great products.

As for the wiring, you have 1 wire that goes to every single valve, called the common or valve common (VC). Then you have a hot wire, that is wired from the valve to a number that corresponds to a zone.
https://sprinklerresource.com/

mrfixit

Thursday, July 12th 2018, 6:49pm

Or you could buy a controller from the site that owns this forum. Hunter Pro-C, and add a 3 station expansion module making it a 9 station controller.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, July 13th 2018, 5:44am

I think you meant to link the PC-400 model of Pro-C, since that's the base controller you can add modules to.

mrfixit

Friday, July 13th 2018, 12:01pm

Thanks Boots, you're right. I read this in the text, "Flexible design: Modular model offers 4 - 16 stations, or choose fixed 6 or 12 station models" and I thought I was on the right page. Been working my ass off in this heat. Was 115 on last Friday.

Kjohn168

Friday, July 20th 2018, 4:19pm

Thanks RichMoney, I know how to wire a single manifold but, what I'm wondering is that if I connect the six valve to the existing three valve; will I just add a seperate controller to the new valves? But because the the two manifolds will be connected now, does it make any difference that the wiring is separate with two separate controllers? I guess I didn't make myself clear! :S

Rate this thread