You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, July 7th 2018, 9:37pm

Hunter Xcore

Thank you, Wet Boots, for helping me earlier with my problem. It worked perfectly, I thought, and was so happy. But since I have a closed head injury, and find things difficult, I was upset when I came home after Church and dinner to find my sprinklers on. I KNOW it was me that did something wrong. Even though it said am when I programed the time, they also came on at the same time in the pm. :cursing: ?( Can you please help me again?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 8th 2018, 10:34am

It is entirely possible that there is programming in place on Program B and Program C. Check those programs and zero them out, leaving only Program A. If you did not zero out Start Time A2 and A3 and A4, then that also would cause repeat watering.

These controllers will run all three programs, A and B and C, so it is likely something in B or C could be operating.

The reason controller operation can seem random is that controllers employ what they call "stacking" - "stacking" means that operations programmed to occur simultaneously will instead take place one after the other.

On a 4-zone system watering each zone for one hour, someone will program 60 minutes of watering for Zone 1, and set start time A1 for 4:00 AM. Then they make the mistake of believing they have to set start time A2 to 5:00 AM, and A3 for 6:00 AM, and A4 for 7:00 AM. Instead of getting a single 4-hour cycle of watering, the soon-to-be-unhappy homeowner is going to see four separate cycles of watering, each lasting four hours. The controller "stacks" the watering cycles, so that start time A2 is moved from the original 5:00 AM time to 8:00 AM, which is the time when the A1 watering cycle is completed. Similarly, A3 will start at 12:00 Noon, and A4 will start at 4:00 PM.

{P.S. from here on out, please keep posting on the same threads you start, since the idea is to be able to look over a page, and see everything involved in sorting out a problem}

Sunday, July 8th 2018, 2:01pm

Hunter Xcore

THANK YOU SO MUCH, Wet Boots, YOU fixed it! Somehow I programmed B, too. I didn't know there was a B or C. My husband always takes care of these things. I read to the end where you asked to keep posting to the same threads. I'm sorry, because of closed head injury, and my husband out of town, I don't know how to do that. I'm so happy you took the time to read it anyways. Have a GREAT Day! :P :P :P

Rate this thread