You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Phloda

Starting Member

Sunday, July 1st 2018, 8:12am

Wasps Broke my Rain Bird E-6 Controller

As I approached the controller, I noticed a wasp fly away from underneath where the power conduit goes in. I wanted to do a manual cycle and the system wouldn't work. The screen was dark. I opened up the lower compartment where the wiring is and found wasp nests. I unplugged the unit, sprayed the wasps and washed it out with a hose.

After letting it dry, I could get set the time and even get the counter counting down on the manual setting but there was no water. it is completely dry. I can't believe there is any problem with the valves. Is there something in the controller I can repair or some component that the wasps would have affected? Everything looks okay and the wires are well-connected.

Once I could even get all the station times entered in and they would start counting down but no water.

Last time I tried to make it work, I could set the time and date but when I set the time for doing manual stations, when I got to station 2 it went dark except for the number 2. Date / time was still working.

Please help.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 1st 2018, 12:48pm

Start in with basic electrical testing with your multimeter. If you don't have one, buy one. Harbor Freight has one they sometimes give away on a coupon deal. From a Home Depot or Lowes or Walmart, you can spend about $15 or less for one. Analog meters (non-digital) might outlast digital ones, if you are buying one as cheaply as possible.

In any event, living through being hosed off with water is not in the job description of any controller, so be prepared to have to replace it.

Rate this thread