You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jrstear

Starting Member

Saturday, June 23rd 2018, 9:17pm

1/2" brass supply line

Hi I live in dry NM, and have a 1/2" brass supply line feeding a 1-room apartment in my back yard. To avoid punching through the footer of my house and under a sidewalk for a new/bigger line, I'm tempted to just tee off the 1/2" to a watering system of 5 stations, for (to be planted) trees and a garden we've been watering with a hose timer, but no grass - is that a stupid idea? Also, I'd put the valves like 50' of 1/2" (PVC?) pipe from the tee - is that too far? Basically I'm wanting a sanity check here. Thx.

mrfixit

Sunday, June 24th 2018, 1:11am

I think you mean copper pipe.
I've seen sprinkler valves connected to a 1/2" copper pipe a few times.
Don't expect to be able to run many heads.
I don't recommend doing it that way but what's the worst that can happen? It doesn't work and you have to run a new line anyway.
Check the pressure and flow rate before installing.

Rate this thread