You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

RC1

Unregistered

Thursday, June 21st 2018, 7:49pm

Low pressure in one of the zones

Hi everyone,

This summer when I turned on the sprinkler system, one of the zones; zone-3 does not have any pressure. Rest of the zones, zones1 through 5 all work fine. Last summer everything was working well.
To diagnose the problem, the opened the bleeder screw and all the zone3 sprinklers turn on with good pressure. I close the bleeder and still everything worked well. I thought I solved the problem only for it to crop up the next day. I did some more trial and error and it turns out that if I turn on zone 5 before turning on zone 3, zone 3 works. I have no idea why that is happening and very puzzled. The first test shows there should be no problem with the pipes. The second shows the diaphram and solenoid are working well (my theory).

Appreciate any help as I am supposed to go on a long vacation this weekend and need to make it work. Thanks everyone.

mrfixit

Thursday, June 21st 2018, 11:12pm

The valve's going bad. Replace or repair it.
Do you have a make and model of the valve.
Or could you post a pic of it? Go to www.tinypic.com upload your pic there then cut n paste the "forum" code to your post.

RC1

Unregistered

Friday, June 22nd 2018, 12:42am

Thanks for the response. The make is Irritrol, not sure of the model though.

Should I try replacing Solenoid first and then the value?

mrfixit

Friday, June 22nd 2018, 2:12am

That's a 2700 series. I'm super tired right now. It's either a 2711APR or a 2123APR. Meaning 3/4" or 1".
What size are those pipes?
You can try a new diaphragm. That usually works. About 6 bucks.
You could also buy the whole valve and swap out all the parts. They're cheap. Like 18 bucks.
Or you can glue on the whole new valve. You'll need, primer, glue, cutters and male adapters. Maybe even couplings and some pipe if you want it the exact same height.
Click on me
Or go to a local irrigation supply store. They'll have it. Like, Site One or John Deere Irrigation or Ewing Irrigation.

RC1

Unregistered

Friday, June 22nd 2018, 9:25am

Thank you, appreciate it. It is 3/4", will try to swap out the parts and check.

Rate this thread