You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, June 18th 2018, 9:57pm

how to stabilize a 24 inch riser with a impact sprinkler on top

I have an existing 24 inch riser that has a shrub nozzle on it. To increase the coverage area, I added a 20 psi reducer and mounted a impact sprinkler on top. It works like I hoped it would, it sprays a larger area. The issue is that when its running the impact sprinkler action causes the riser to wobble back and forth disrupting the spray pattern.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to stabilize or straighten the riser so that it does not sway/wobble during use?

mrfixit

Monday, June 18th 2018, 11:32pm

Using a galvanized riser would help a lot.

Try staking it. I use rebar since I can't get the 3/4" round steal stakes anymore. Nothing moved them.

Buy 1 or 2 pieces of 1/2" x 48" pieces of rebar.
Be careful when you pound them into the ground that you don't break the pipe. If the rebar stops moving don't force it. Pull it out and try a different spot. It would help a lot if you knew what direction the pipe's going.

Then wire it up.

Tuesday, June 19th 2018, 7:59pm

Say thanks, thats a good idea. I can dig up the mulch to see which way the pipe goes pretty easily. I'm going to drive to rebars in, one one each side of it and then zip tie the riser to the rebars.

Rate this thread