You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

confused101

Starting Member

Monday, June 11th 2018, 7:45am

42sa adjusting issues

We just purchased a 42sa thar replaced our recently installed 42sa (last year) because about a week ago is started uncontrollably spraying higher and farther than before soaking patio furnature, bbq, and the back deck. We adjusted it down with no success so we replaced it with the current 42sa. We adjusted the radious all the way down, set the arc and got excited. Turned it on to a full on canon that sent us running for the house. The new head doesn't seem to be adjusting down. we did just unscrew the inside from the casing and install just that part instead of digging the entire head out of the ground. My question though, why is it not adjusting? We did just recently turn our sprinklers on for the season and dewinterized them. But this was 2 months ago. Did we turn the pressure up to high at the box?

mrfixit

Tuesday, June 12th 2018, 4:46am

Are you turning the screw down far enough? How short of a throw are you trying to get? Rotors are designed to cover long distances. But this video shows a fairly short distance for a rotor. I rarely see a Rainbird installed so I don't adjust them often. I've probably adjusted Hunter PGP's 100 times more than the Rainbird rotors. But in the video it looks like an excellent close in spray.
Maybe you need a smaller nozzle.

Rate this thread