You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

chaot1c

Starting Member

Monday, June 11th 2018, 12:28am

Controller/Pump design issues

I purchased an existing home last fall, but didn't have an opportunity to look at the sprinkler setup before they were already blown out. My house has a 1-1/2 HP pump that has a 40-60 pressure switch. They previous owner has it setup where there are two timers, one outside and one inside the garage. Both of them need to be replaced as I can't adjust certain settings on them. Currently the pump will run 24/7 unless I pull the fuse. I have adjusted both the nuts on the pressure switch and got it to shut off when the water isn't running, but then won't turn on when the pump turns on. I have been lucky once or twice by getting it to turn on when needed, but that lasts for about a day or two max. Is there any way I can wire these to run from 1 controller? Should I try to wire a relay switch rather than the pressure switch? Thanks in advance!!

Rate this thread