You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

gkroeger

Sunday, June 10th 2018, 10:37am

Lightning strike Skydrop

Has anyone experienced a skydrop controller failure due to a lightning strike? I recently had a strike near by which cause a surge in tv under ground cable that caused a spliter to go bad. A few days later I noticed that my Skydrop system was not functioning correctly (when system came on, instead of one zone at a time, all zones came on together). iPhone app also would not show separate zones. Tested all valves manually and found them to be working fine. Apparently the controller got zapped. My home owner insurance deductible it too large to cover the $250 unit. Upon checking the skydrop website for repair or warranty information comes up zero. Hate to spring for a whole new unit especially if the controller is that susceptible to lightning strikes. ANY IDEAS????

Rate this thread