You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

aschribe

Starting Member

Saturday, June 9th 2018, 12:27pm

Controller was working before I tried to install a rain sensor, now it won't

Hi guys. I was hoping I could enlist some help. I decided to wire a rain sensor to my Rainbird RC-1260-Bi controller. I opened the box, and found the common wires (white). The wiring diagram indicated that attaching the rain sensor was easy; Red wire from sensor to white common wire, and black wire from sensor to the disconnected white common wire on the controller. It worked! And when I put water it the sensor, it shut off. I thought I was done!

Then I realized that the 25 feet of wire attached to the sensor weren't adequate so I had to take apart the connections in the box again. After installing the rain sensor outside it wouldn't work! And it wasn't because it was still wet (I thought that was the problem so waited a few days - it still wouldn't work). Now I've disconnected the rain sensor and the controller still won't work! I'm baffled. All I did was reattach the white "common" wires together, just like I believe they were before I started messing with it.

The device powers up and keeps time, but simply won't sprinkle water in any of the zones. I've got the switch on "auto" not off, so that isn't the problem.

I've included some photos of the wiring. Once thing I don't understand it what the orange and white wire is for. I guess it's a master pump wire, but it's not attached to anything. Should it be?

I'd very much appreciate any help you guys have!

[img]photo 1[/img]

[img]photo 2[/img]

mrfixit

Saturday, June 9th 2018, 1:14pm

Go to www.tinypic.com, upload your pic there then cut n paste the "forum" code to your post.

Rate this thread