You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

olaton

Starting Member

Wednesday, May 16th 2018, 8:47am

Hunter Pro-C Transformer, Controller, or PCM Station module

Hello Newbie Here. I have replaced the transformer due to "No-AC" on display of my Hunter Pro-C pc300i older model. I checked the voltage output of transformer and it reads ~29V. When connected to the pins/screws the voltage reads 14V. Now the strange part is when I slide the "Power Lock" to the "Power OFF" position the voltage changes to ~29V. Does this mean that one of the 3 PCM modules(8 stations) is fried? If so, how do I determine which PCM module is having the issue?

Thanks in advance.
Tony

mrfixit

Thursday, May 17th 2018, 5:13am

Take all the modules out all but the main module. Do you still have the problem?
If not, put the modules back in one at a time. See what happens.

Bronson

Starting Member

Sunday, May 20th 2018, 3:51pm

Hunter Pro C/ PCM-300/Transformer

I too, have same issue.
1. I removed only the wiring to individual stations (Base and PCM-300 modules, terminals 1 thru 6...leaving the rest of the wiring intact) total of 6 stations.
2. Powered up controller....same issue...voltage drops to 14 vac.
3. Removed pcm-300 expansion module and powered up...voltage remained at 24vac.
4. Rewired base module to to test each individual station and all 6 stations work. (that tells me there are no issues with solenoids and associated wiring).
5. Could not reset controller with PCM300 installed because of low voltage and chance of smoking another transformer and a constant "no ac" showing in display.(No way of knowing if reset would have worked...as posted by other members saying this could possibly fix some issues with pcm-300
6. Conclusion .....PCM-300 is toast...Unless someone has a repair workaround for the PCM300 module.

Now question is....do I spend $25 on new module for a 10 yr old controller or go ahead and replace with newer model controller...lcd displays do seem to have a limited life span on most things I have owned

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Bronson" (May 20th 2018, 8:49pm)

Rate this thread