You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Zoned

Starting Member

Saturday, May 12th 2018, 7:45pm

All 4 sections control 1 zone w/controller

I have an Orbit 27956 controller/sprinkler timer.
4 sections are installed.
All 4 sections on controller turn on at scheduled time.
Problem is, for each section I set up, only section 1 turns on in its place.
Example: sections 2-4 come on at scheduled time, however it’s section 1 where the water actually comes out. For ALL zones.
I recently spliced a cut main (direct bury) 18 wire, was careful to match all wires and spliced with grease caps.
I also switched most of the wires in the main box to grease caps since they were previously held with non-waterproof caps.
I was extremely careful to match all wires as they previously were (I swapped them one at a time), and I ensured all wires had proper contact before capping.
Please help!

mrfixit

Saturday, May 12th 2018, 10:09pm

I've never tried this before but try switching the number 1 wire with the common wire at the controller and see what happens. Maybe they're mixed up. I'm not sure what's going to happen.
It's a wiring problem though. Maybe there's more damaged wires out there.

Did you mess with the wiring at the timer? Is the number 1 wire connected to the master valve/pump terminal?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "mrfixit" (May 13th 2018, 5:58am)

Rate this thread