You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Pammy

Friday, April 27th 2018, 1:32pm

1 zone won't pop up completely

Good afternoon. I will start by saying I am not a professional... I am having problems with zone 2. If I turn on zone 2, it works without issue. If I have all the zones come on, the zone 2 sprinkler heads do not come up. The water just comes out of the various places it's able to escape the heads. I have taken all of the sprinkler heads apart and cleaned the strainers and used WD40 around the springs. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

mrfixit

Friday, April 27th 2018, 2:15pm

I'd say the valve's diaphragm is old. Can you post a picture of the valve?
Go to www.tinypic.com, upload your picture there then cut and paste the "forum" code to your post. The picture will magically appear.

Pammy

Monday, April 30th 2018, 9:17pm

1 zone won’t pop up completely

I sure hope I did this right.

Pammy

Monday, April 30th 2018, 9:20pm

1 zone won’t pop up completely

Where do I find the make and model?

mrfixit

Monday, April 30th 2018, 10:03pm

That's a Rainbird. You can get a new diaphragm for it at the home depot.
You could always buy one of these and replace the diaphragm and the top part. I'm not a fan of valves without flow controls.

Pammy

Tuesday, May 1st 2018, 7:51am

You are my savior! Thank you.

Pammy

Wednesday, May 2nd 2018, 8:32pm

I hate to say it but that didn’t fix the issue. All 5 of the sprinkler heads in the zone are 2 years old or less. I made sure none are leaking at the connections and the strainers are clear. Any other ideas of what might be wrong?

mrfixit

Wednesday, May 2nd 2018, 10:56pm

When you say you turn on the valve and it works, what exactly are you doing to make it come on?
And what did you do to the valve? Change the diaphragm?

Pammy

Thursday, May 3rd 2018, 7:47am

I decided to only replaced the diaphragm. I live in Charleston and needed to get this up and running. I plan to replace the entire valve in the Fall when I don't need the system as much.
I have an automatic/time control for the system. When the system is scheduled to come on, zone 1 finishes and switches to zone 2, the heads don't come up. If I use the automatic/time control to just have zone 2 come on, the zone would pop up most of the time.

Pammy

Monday, May 21st 2018, 8:52am

I finally gave up and called a local repair guy. He ended up switching zones 1 and 2 so that my zone 2 now comes on first. This did the trick. Hopefully this solution will help others in the future if they have a similar issue. What an easy solution. I wish I had thought of it...

Rate this thread