You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

leo chen

Unregistered

Wednesday, April 25th 2018, 10:55pm

orbit anti-siphon valve on/off lever controls two different pipes!

Hello,
I have just installed two typical orbit anti-siphon valve for my zone 3 and 4, everything was installed correctly, but I just noticed something really weird that I can't explain. So for my zone 3, everything works fine, if on/off level is on, the irrigation starts working regardless of electrical. If it is set to off, only the electric signal controls it to be on or off. Ok, now the problem is with my zone 4, when I set to on, the water flows out of a single pipe (an open pipe somewhere in the garden that I didn't notice before), but if I set the lever to off, everything works normally, the irrigation is controlled by electrical to turn on or off, no pipe water.
My question is: isn't the on/off lever just a manual thing for the solenoid? How come it can seemingly control two route of pipes?
This really bothers me since I don't understand. If anyone can explain, please email me at wepleo@gmail.com

Thank you so much

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Sunday, April 29th 2018, 11:23pm

It sounds like the valve you replaced and manually turning on for a open pipe is not actually zone 4. Since you don't see this run from the controller then more then likely this was a spare zone or abandoned zone in the past. Perhaps a failed wire in the field and someone else couldn't figure it out / abandoned it . Out of the valves you replaced, are there more valves in this area? Did you turn on the solenoid to other valves throughout the system? Be careful with turning the solenoid on orbits, they have small threads and a high threshold point to manually activate the valve. It's easy to accidently pop the solenoid.

leo chen

Unregistered

Monday, May 7th 2018, 11:06pm

Thank you

Hi,
Thank you for the reply. You are exactly right! The valve I replaced was an abandon one. Now everything makes sense. Thank you again!

Rate this thread