You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

RodneyB

Thursday, April 5th 2018, 11:26pm

Zone Problem

I have a zone that up till now has been functioning correctly. The problem i have now is that part of the heads that are on the run from the valve seem to be working fine which is up against the house. I have a t in the line that crosses the yard to the perimeter. Those heads seem to have low pressure. I have plugged 2 heads but it had no effect. These are all pop ups with rotator nozzles. I was going to plug all heads and turn on valve to see if i have a hard to see leak. I have dug up the run from where the t is that leads to the 2 heads and found no damage to the pipe. Any other ideas will be appreciated.

mrfixit

Friday, April 6th 2018, 2:58pm

There might be debris in the line clogging up that tee. Was there a repair done recently upstream?

RodneyB

Friday, April 6th 2018, 3:30pm

No, there have been no repairs. I pluged off all heads and pressurized it and let it sit for 1 hour and did not find any obvious leaks. I run the system off city water and i checked pressure at each head and they were all 19-20 lbs. Is that low

RodneyB

Friday, April 6th 2018, 6:11pm

I put a pressure gauge on a hose bib and i had 61 lb. of pressure. I then operated each zone and all zones with the exception of the one settled to 51-52. The zone i am having the issue with was about 36. Is that indicative of a leak? Thanks

mrfixit

Friday, April 6th 2018, 8:48pm

I'd say between the drop in pressure and the fact the heads aren't working indicates a break somewhere. It's probably between the last head that works properly and that tee.

RodneyB

Wednesday, April 11th 2018, 12:58pm

Leak was at the end of a zone. I was able to abandon that section. All is good now. Thanks for your help.

Rate this thread