You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Surfnfisher

Starting Member

Saturday, March 10th 2018, 6:54pm

Water only getting past Solenoid when unscrewed one turn

I had one zone not working. I replaced the solenoid and now still not working. I hear a little bit of water going through but not enough to make the sprinklers work. When I unscrew the solenoid it works , but water is leaking. The solenoid was a irratrol 811 I replaced with the new 811. It is a taller solenoid than the original.
ZThanks for your help.

Old solenoid [/img]
Valve.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Surfnfisher" (Mar 11th 2018, 7:04pm)

mrfixit

Saturday, March 10th 2018, 8:14pm

What model valve is it? Sometimes it's easier to replace the valve. Sometimes it just needs a new diaphragm. Depends how it's installed and what model valve it is. If you don't know, go to www.tinypic.com, upload a pic of the valve then cut and paste the "forum" code to your post.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, March 12th 2018, 6:58am

You might swap solenoids with a working zone, just to confirm or rule out it being a solenoid issue. If you have a brass valve body with an adapter threaded into it, then it is usually easier to replace the entire adapter.

mrfixit

Monday, March 12th 2018, 12:58pm

Do you have a side view of that valve? Maybe dig it up a bit so we can see the whole thing. Excellent pics by the way.

Rate this thread