You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.


Monday, September 25th 2006, 9:24am

Fitting for Westec blow-out adapter

I inherited a sprinkler system from the previous owners. We got it blown out last year for $100. I decided to buy a compressor this year and do it myself (Craftsman 6hp peak, 33 gal). Read through the forum and searched the web for the part I'm looking for. Currently there is a "quick-connector" on my drain valve. The cap says Westec Irrigation. I need the male end of that connector to connect the compressor hose to. It's a twist and lock design (no threads). Any suggestions where I can find this? Thanks in advance!!


Supreme Member

Posts: 5,305

Location: Metro NYC


Monday, September 25th 2006, 2:26pm

Remove the quick connector. Then you have good old pipe threads to work with.


Supreme Member

Posts: 372

Location: USA


Tuesday, September 26th 2006, 10:48am

I agree.



Tuesday, September 26th 2006, 3:01pm

Thanks guys for the reply. I was misread the brand - it's West Ag Irrigation. I may end up just taking it off and working with the plain old threads, but I'm pursuing one other avenue. Seems that West Ag might have been bought out by STORM and apparently Buckner is a subsidary of Storm. Look like I might be able to get it thru them, if they return my call....otherwise, I'll take your advise. Thanks again!


Supreme Member

Posts: 5,305

Location: Metro NYC


Wednesday, September 27th 2006, 3:16am

If you are talking about a "quick connector valve" of the sort that is usually used to 'plug in' a sprinkler head, or hose connection, you just don't need it. If you do want the same ability to quickly disconnect the air that pros have, you might install a hose bib in place of the QCV, and then a garden hose swivel fitting on the end of the air hose. You don't need the QCV 'key' to do this job (myself, I prefer garden hose threads) - but for once-a-year duty at your home, you don't need any of this stuff.

Rate this thread