You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

quokka2

Unregistered

Wednesday, November 22nd 2017, 7:39pm

Delivery drop in bifurcated line

I have a shallow bore pumping to two tanks in opposite directions; one through 90y of 2" polypipe and the other through 150y of 1 1/2" polypipe, with only about 5m of static head from the bore water level. I expect about twice as much flow though the 2" pipe which is okay, as it is a bigger tank. Problem is, I get only about half the TOTAL flow when pumping to both tanks as I get when pumping to either of them individually. I thought I might have a vacuum problem in the T-piece where the lines diverge, so changed the pump from the centre socket to one of the ends, which made no difference. As my 9-stage pump is probably operating below its optimum pressure range, I choked off the delivery by closing the bore head tap a bit, which only reduced the flow further. Spent yesterday cleaning both lines, but they weren't particularly dirty and it made no change. What to do, folks?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, November 23rd 2017, 8:08am

First thing you do is run the numbers. Turn your situation into a math problem and do the math.

Rate this thread