You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Hotabyss

Sunday, November 5th 2017, 2:49pm

Wiring cut between 2 valve boxes

I have a 7 zone system and am having a pool installed. They cut the wiring between 2 valve boxes and I spliced the wires back using waterproof wire nuts. They've also destroyed the manifold that I think runs the zones in the front. I bypassed the front manifold so I could check the wiring fix in the backyard. When I turn on the water at the main water supply by the back flow, the sprinklers in the back turn on without using the controller in the garage. Did bypassing the front manifold cause that or is there something else wrong? I matched colors when splicing, so I don't think it would be that. We had to change the height of the backyard manifold due to slope issues and grading, but didn't mess with any solenoids.

mrfixit

Sunday, November 5th 2017, 3:14pm

I've found that pool installers have a way of getting gravel into the main line. Go find the valve that's stuck on and take it apart. See what's in there.

Hotabyss

Sunday, November 5th 2017, 3:36pm

That makes sense because they did cut the main line in the same place as the wiring. I'm very new to irrigation so how do I go about checking that valve? Do I have to cut it out or is there a different way?

mrfixit

Sunday, November 5th 2017, 3:39pm

It depends on what model valve it is.
If it's an inline then just take the bonnet off. The top half.
You could always post a picture.
Go to www.tinypic.com, upload your pic there then cut and paste the "forum" code here.

Hotabyss

Sunday, November 5th 2017, 4:14pm

You are awesome! It is an inline so I took off the top and definitely gravel in there. Took it out and problem appears to be solved. Thanks for the help!

Rate this thread